Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Finally Blogging???

All right. This is my first ever blog. I created it for the BJP project as this is the best way to communicate with other artists. The theme I have this year is new experimentation. I am going to be making 12 headbands. It is a new form I have never tried embellishing before.

In addition, I will be attempting to create a flower or some other focal element for each headband. This focal elements are each to be made with a completely alien technique that I have never tried before. I want to do this because I am getting a slight bit tired of strictly beadweaving and want to incorporate new ideas and techniques into my work. What better way than a project to make each month?

I am going with flowers for the most part because I am going to be married as soon as I graduate from college. By the way I just turned 20 years old. For my wedding, I will be making my bouquet and the bridesmaid bouquets as well as all the jewelry. I see this project as practice for my future endeavor.

For this month's flower, I used the Maltese form of flower making called Molla as the centerpiece. The rayon thread and french spiral wire make the flower shine. I am already thinking of new techniques I can try for October. Happy beading everyone!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a really beautiful headband. When I first saw it I thought it was like a tiara or crown. Then I read your blog and it turns out you will be a princess of sorts soon.

a2susan said...

Your headband is extremely interesting and creative. I like the colors you used and the way the flowers lay on the band.

Are you getting ready to graduate from college soon? And getting ready to be married, how wonderful. Much luck and congrats to you.

heidibeads said...

Your headband is beautiful and what a great idea. You'll have a set that is so unique and beautiful everyone will be envious of you. Happy Birthday and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Marty S said...

This is amazing! I love it!

My sister-in-law and her mother made a beaded flower bouquet for my niece's wedding. It was absolutely unbelievable.

Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Sabine said...

What a lovely headband. You must have gorgeous hair to be able to wear something comparatively heavy like this piece.

Sabine

Robin said...

Well! This is fabulous... a young woman of 20, in college, already challenging herself to experiment with new beading techniques every month! Wow! And now you've got this blog too. Congratulations.

Head bands and cuff bracelets made on forms are THE most difficult beadwork to photograph. You've done quite a good job.

Most of us in the BJP are a little to a lot (like me) beyond you in years... it's great to have some young blood in the group. Welcome!

Tamara Allison said...

Thanks to all of you for your wonderful comments. I am deeply sorry for my lack of updates. No worries. I do have two headbands yet to be uploaded, but October and November were updated on time (or at least a month behind). December through February are in the process of being made. September's is the lightest by far and the others are heavier, unpractical to wear in most cases.